I don't trust a person that doesn't like Queso. After a long hard day there is nothing better than a nice cool margarita and some melty bubbly queso. And it just so happens that I make the perfect margarita and some BOMB Queso!!!
I mean come on!!!! look how freaking beautiful that queso is!! ^^^ This recipe is a crowd pleaser for sure! Everybody and I mean EVERYBODY loves this queso!!
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 8 ounces of pepper jack cheese
- 8 ounces of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 10 ounce can of Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 6 ounce can of Spicy diced green chilis
- 1/4 cup heavy cream ( maybe more if it thickens as it cooks)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: jalepeños or Tapatio hot sauce for topping.
- On medium heat add the rotel, the cream cheese, and the green chilis. stir and let heat until they are combined and smooth.
- Add the 8 ounces of pepper jack. Stir and let heat until completely smoothed through. may have to add a tablespoon at a time of the heavy cream.
- Add the 8 ounces of sharp cheddar and let it heat until completely smoothed through. May have to add a table spoon at a time of the heavy cream.
- Add your seasonings.
- Let the queso heat and thicken over the stove until you are ready to serve. If it thickens too much just continue thinning it out with the heavy cream.