PALEO BANANA BREAD with Cinnamon Crumble topping.
Okay so this bread is amazing. I literally cant get enough right now. It holds well and goes perfect with coffee in the morning. I will say that I like it almost as much as my paleo banana muffins. And yes I do make them totally different. Mainly because Paleo baking is so hard. Getting the constancy right is nearly impossible when forming a new recipe. And lets be honest I do not want to bring you guys anything that isn't perfect.
So when baking paleo goods in different shapes, forms, and pans etc. I like to mix up the recipes a little to ensure that your texture is good and you aren't eating something that leaves your mouth dry from crumbly replacement flours. Also if you would like to try my paleo banana muffins they are listed in my story highlights on Instagram!
Okay now lets get to the recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR BANANA BREAD:
- 4 large well ripened Bananas.
- 6 eggs
-2 tablespoons of melted PB or Almond Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Pure maple syrup or 3 Table spoons of pure local honey ( always do local to avoid nasty rice syrup alternatives)
-2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon ( or just shake it in till you can smell the goodness)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 pinch of kosher salt.
- 3/4ths cup coconut flour
- Chocolate chips ( how ever many you want honey)
- during fall I like to add a pinch of pumpkin spice seasoning or nutmeg. But this is totally optional for flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- in stand mixer beat the bananas and eggs together.
- Slowly add your nut butter and seasonings.
- when everything is mixed in besides the coconut flour take the bowl off of the mixer and slowly fold in flour.
- After Flour is folded in go ahead and fold in your dark chocolate.
- place into baking pan and bake for 50-60 min. ( should start to darken on the top and should feel slightly spongy or bounce back when you touch it)
INGREDIENTS FOR CRUMBLE:
- equal parts almond flour, coconut sugar, unsweetened coconut flakes.
- add in cinnamon until you can smell it.
- melt a little bit of coconut oil. ( a table spoon for ever 1/2 cup of mix you have of the ingredients above.)
- start mixing in the coconut oil in wit your hands or a small whisk. It will be a little dry that is okay.
- then take some honey or maple syrup and start slowy drizzling that in until it is at a perfect sticky crumble.
- half way through bake time add the crumble to the top of the bread. Continue rest of bake time!
ALSO CRUMBLE IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL! TASTES GREAT WITH OUT THE CRUMBLE AS WELL!