Paleo Birthday Cake Blondies
You know those box brownie mixes that are so easy and so good? Well I have a healthy blondie recipe that is just as easy and better for you! These blondies are Gluten free, paleo, and refined sugar free, besides sprinkles if you add those. Although, I buy organic sprinkles at sprouts. I will warn you though that the sprinkles do bleed a little in the mix because the coloring is organically sourced.
These are perfect for children because they look fun, taste delicious but they don't carry any icky ingredients and are super easy to make/store. You can easily top them with an organic homemade frosting or melted dark chocolate to mix them up a little.
Lets get to the recipe:
1/2 cup of raw organic honey or agave syrup/maple syrup
2 table spoons of coconut sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1/2 cup coconut oil melted or Ghee melted ( I prefer ghee)
1/2 cup coconut flour
3 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
Sprinkles! ( I use organic from sprouts)
1. Mix the honey, coconut sugar, vanilla, and ghee together. Make sure to whisk it until it is super combined.
2. Fold in all of your dry ingredients.
3. Add the sprinkles.
4. Preheat oven to 350F.
5. Grease a baking pan and add your mix. Should be a little crumbly. somewhere between a sugar cookie dough and a brownie mix.
6. Add more sprinkles to the top and bake for 15-20 min. Or until it is starting to get a little golden brown on the top.
7. Take out of the oven and allow to cool for 10 min.
8. Cut into squares and enjoy!